Monday, May 25, 2009

Why Do Moms Cry?

I am not a crier. I don't well up at sappy movies. I don't tear up at emotional stories. However, when my older daughter graduated from high school, I cried. When my younger daughter graduated from preschool, I cried. What is it about our kids that make even the most stoic among us to become puddles on the floor?

Well, I can't speak for the millions of mothers out there but, I think I have it identified for me. When I see any of my kids reach a milestone or participate in some huge event, all of the work that it took to get them there comes rushing back. It's such a relief to have reached the goal that the pressure releases like air coming out of a fully blown balloon. And that makes me cry.

So what about you? Are you a crier? Do your kids achievements make you cry? If so, why? Inquiring minds want to know:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment