Friday, February 20, 2009

The Waterpark

We women spend a ton of time obsessed with our weight, don't we?

I've had the last couple of days off, and decided to hit one of those hotel waterparks with my family.

I didn't go in the water since I'm pregnant, but I did love watching my daughter and husband play. It's been a long time since I've seen her that excited - it made me very happy.

But as I sat on the "beach" I also had a lot of time to look around.

Skinny women wearing t-shirts, shorts and robes. Women who weren't so skinny wearing bikinis, without a care in the world.

Which just makes me wonder - what gives a woman self-confidence about her body?

I am not feeling very confident about my body. My husband assures me he finds my pregnant body beautiful. But when your old clothes are too small, and your maternity clothes are too big, keep falling down and even then still leave your belly exposed, I think it's hard to feel confident about how you look.

I think men actually judge us less harshly than we judge ourselves (after all, sometimes I think they're still just excited to see us naked!) But then they go and make stupid comments like, 'Boy, that Jessica Simpson's really putting on some weight, isn't she?' She is not! She's probably a size 4 instead of a size 2!

So, how do we come to a place of happiness and self-acceptance no matter what our size? Because at the end of the day, it'a all about making sure you're living life to the fullest right now - not after you lose another 5 pounds.

1 comment:

  1. I totaly agree! We should feel comfortable with ourselves, and it does help when our Hubby's make nice comments about us, even when we don't feel so good about the way we look!
    Take care, and glad you had a good time w/your family!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete