Monday, January 5, 2009

Susie

Welcome to At Work, At Play or At Home All Day: A Blog for and About Women. This blog is brought to you by five women who have know each other for half of our lives. Since our friendships started we have spread out over three states. Some of us are SAHMs and some work outside the home. Some of us have kids and some are still growing their families. We literally are everyone woman and here we want to explore that great feminine that is in all of us, no matter how she chose's to manifest herself. I hope you enjoy the journey.

I decided that my first post would be dedicated to introducing myself as a woman to our readers. So, this is me: Susie the complete woman.

Just like my bio states, I have been happily married to my husband Jeff for 5 and a half years. (Wow!! Has it been that long already?) I stay at home with my almost 5-year old daughter and I love every minute of it. I didn't get to do that with my 18-year-old who is a Sophmore in college. It's her second semester but credit-wise, she is already a Sophmore and I couldn't be prouder. I also take care of my almost 67-year-old mother which is a full time job all on its own. She is a diabetic breast-cancer-survivor who has a weak heart. Keeping track of her medication and doctor's appointments are challenging but I have it down to a science now. And that is the family side of me as a woman.


Personally, I am budding blogger and entrepreneur. You may know me from my blog Susie's Homemade or my chocolate shop on Etsy. I started the former to support the latter but I have received so much fullfillment from both. Over the last year, I have explored my creative side and I really feel like this is what I am meant to do.

So that's me in a nutshell but I am more than just who I belong with or what I do. I am excited to explore all that is me without all that.

16 comments:

  1. Wooo hoo I get to be the first commenter!!!!
    I checked over here last week but you had not posted yet. This will be much fun getting to know all of you this way. Good luck on a fun endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this will be a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading each of your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, Sue! Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Sue,

    It is nice to meet a friend of Therese's. I look forward to reading more here.

    Therese (from Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned something new about you today and loved it! Looking forward to learning more from you and this blog. Happy New Year ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgive me, I just posted but am not sure where the comment went. Loved reading more about you and look forward to learning more about you and the ladies! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great! can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies for starting this it looks like fun.
    Found you through Therese's Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome, yet again, to the Blogosphere. I'm thinking this will prove to be an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you are off to a good start. Congratulations on getting it all set up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea for you new blog! Wishing you lots of success!
    ps it wouldn't allow me to follow you :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Susie and friends! I'm looking forward to reading more of your new blog!!

    ReplyDelete