Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Here and I am Walking

Sorry for missing my usual post day yesterday- it has been a busy 4-day week. I am happy to say that I met my fundraising goal for the AVON Walk for Breast Cancer tomorrow. I will be at Soldier field for the opening ceremony bright and early at 5:45am. The weather in Chicago is going to be cooler (low to mid 70s), but, rainy so I will be wet, but, somehow I don't think it will matter - at least not for the first 10 miles or so...

I will be walking with two good friends Kristin Hanson and Alicia Rivera along with our team mates, the Holy Apostles Pink Ribbon Angels who have raised more than $82,000 dollars for the cause this year. I want to give a big shout out to my supporters because I couldn't have done it without you. Anyone who wants to join me in this fight is still welcome to give even after the event. Go to http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/karimunoz My supporters will be entered into a drawing for one of two prizes- a brand new personal mp3 player complete with some empowering music that I will send to you or, for those of you in the Chicago area, a gift certificate for a wine tasting at Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant. Visit the web site at http://www.coopershawkwinery.com
Other news- we close on our house in Chicago on Monday! For someone who has been moving every 2-3 years since she was 23(I am closing in on 40)this is big. Not only will I be a homeowner for the first time, but, I expect to be in the same place for quite some time. It is a relief and I can paint, redecorate, etc to my hearts content. Meanwhile, my husband Ben has been watching a lot of how to videos on the Internet and he only has a week and a half of school left so I say have at it... Have a good weekend!

1 comment: