Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year- New Plans Version 2

Progress on the most important things in life doesn't always move at lightening speed. It takes small steps and patience. Being patient is something I have gotten better at this past year. It's 2010 and as I look back at my list of new years resolutions from last year, I can't help but, be a little disappointed that things have not moved at a faster pace than I would like.

The following has been changed from what was originally published on Wednesday. I am happy to say that my cold is much better and so is my attitude: Instead of taking stock in the things that did not happen, I am going to take stock in the things that have. I am eating healthier breakfasts, lunches and snacks than ever befor - less processed and more natural foods including fruits and vegetables. I managed to lose 10 pounds and build more muscle. And now, I actually enjoy working out. I work out three to four time a week lifting weights, walking/sprinting, and doing yoga. It is something that my husband I enjoy doing together. My friend Janet is also sometimes along for the ride. I used to work with a trainer who really got me started, but, this year I am determined to prove that I can do this on my own.

Making dinner is a little harder since most nights I do not get home until closer to 7pm. The days I work out, we don't cook because its usually after 9. The days I don't work out, we still don't cook often enough... This is what I am going to work on this year- better meal planning, slow cooking, cooking on weekends, and finding things that my husband and I can and want to prepare following a day in the glamorous land of cubicles and computers or a day in front of K-3rd graders who just want to be outside (whichever the case may be.) Does anyone have any suggestions for cook books that will be helpful in this endeavor? And don't just tell me Rachel Ray- there has got to be more out there!

1 comment: