Thursday, October 29, 2009

What I got is good! So, why not share a little...

I admit it, I have been spending way too much time this year concerned about my ticking clock. Those of you regular readers know that I have been pondering motherhood for some time, but, instead of thinking about being a mom or not being a mom, and if I do decide to become a mom, would I actually be able to have kids because it may be too late or some other health issue, etc. This week I dicided to give it a rest and it feels good. Instead, I am going to enjoy what I got.

My husband and I have been married for over three years. Both of us love our jobs for the most part (every job has its drawbacks, and the only thing I don't like about mine right now is the hour commute). We are still very much in love and no matter what we decide as far as having children, we have a lot ahead of us. Because we are older and don't have kids, we do have a lot of good quality time together and we enjoy the freedoms of not thinking about if we go out to eat one more time, how will we pay for school for our children, etc. I am also able to focus on working out 3-4 times a week without wondering who will take care of my kids.

I am sorry if it sounds like I am bragging, but, what I am getting at is we may not have the joy of raising kids or a house of our own, but, I do realize this is a tough time for a lot of women and I am very lucky not worry about paying the bills. For this reason, I also decided to make good on all of my talk about getting back to volunteering and choose an organization dedicated to helping women and girls in our area before the end of the year. I don't have a lot of time other than the weekends and every other Thursday (my flex day) but, darn it, I have more time than other women my age and there are a lot of women out there who need help. I will let you know what comes of it before the end of the year. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I think that is an awesome idea!!! In fact, if more of us were grateful with the present moment, we would all be better off:-)

    ReplyDelete