Thursday, September 17, 2009

Could I really do it?

Sorry for posting so late in the day, but, I have been playing catch up all week. It has been one of those horrendous periods at work where I am working late most nights, getting in some working outs, eating okay for the most part, going home and vegging and then it starts all over again the next day at 5:15 or so.

We can barely handle the new kitten that we have added to the family in the mornings. It is times like these that my husband and I both wonder, could we really handle being parents in addition to all of this when things get rough? So, we are still floundering and putting it off. I have been very tired lately and my nerves have been a little shot. As a mother, I know fatigue is often a part of daily life. I also wonder how I will continue to meet the expectations of my colleagues and myself at work. These are just a few of my concerns none of which even begin to broach the subject of being a good mom (that is a whole other set of concerns).

I need to get back to work, but, had to put this out there. I am sure there are other working moms who may have something to share in response. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. you will find that when you become a mom you love them so much, that you do whatever you gotta do for them. it is the hardest thing ever, but the most rewarding thing ever too.

    visiting from SITS new follower look forward to reading about your journey

    ReplyDelete