Thursday, June 4, 2009

Customized Pyramid, Menu Planner, Activity Tracker and more

I thought I would follow up my last blog with a link to some pretty neat resources that are available for free on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's web site at http://www.mypyramid.gov that I think nearly every woman and mother would want to take a look at. You may have visited this web site years ago and just found a little information and a graphic on the food pyramid- now, you can get a customized pyramid and menu plan for your age, height, weight and activity level, assess your activity level, listen to pod casts on diet and nutrition and more. There is even a kid's pyramid plan and a cute game to teach them all about the foods (fuel) and activity (energy) they need. I don't think that most people know all of this information and tools exist and it is all free. I spent nearly an hour just looking at it all and I still didn't cover everything. If you have some time it is definitely worth checking out.

1 comment:

  1. We got their free pyramid chart for kids - Esme's a little young for it, but it was fun for her to look at for a bit. Thanks for linking to a great site!

    ReplyDelete