Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Mood Has Improved

I apologize for not posting last week, but, it was another one of those evenings when my work and transit schedule resulted in my walking in the door at 8pm with dinner still waiting to be defrosted. By the time we ate that evening I knew any inkling of a story had left my brain. The good news is now that spring is back, I have noticed that I am moving forward once again. My mood has improved and I have begun to notice the things I love about living in Chicago once again. So, I have decided to embrace my photography skills (or non-skills given that I am very out of practice)and begin developing a photo journal of many of them.

Hopefully, you won’t mind my sharing this perpetual log of things I love about Chicago from time to time. First and foremost among the places that I love to spend time would be Chicago’s gorgeous lakefront. Here is a photo of me and Ben approximately nine months after we started dating outside the Shedd Aquarium (my most favorite tourist/museum attraction).

This photo was taken on an unusually warm fall day in October (I remember this because it was close to my birthday and usually, it is quite overcast). The sailboats in the background have started returning in the last couple weeks, so a new photo is definitely in order. I will share this with you soon.

By the way, thanks to those of you who shared your thoughts with me on having children. I appreciate your tactfulness with the sensitive issue and know that I have some thinking yet to do, but, right now I am fairly certain children are still in our future…just not the immediate future. Hope everyone is taking time to enjoy the weather in their own ways and that all of the mothers out there will be granted a well deserved day of serenity on Sunday. Perhaps, someday I will be able to count myself as one of you.

2 comments:

  1. Chicago is second in beauty only to Milwaukee:-) Just kidding:-) Hee, hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Chicago also. We live 2 hours west of Chicago in Rockford, so we go in once or twice a year for sight-seeing and such. fun. Nice photo of you guys.

    ReplyDelete