- How long do you seriously expect me to hold this pose?
- Are those my feet or someone else's feet I smell?
- My leg really doesn't bend that way.
- Boy, is it hot in here. Now, this pose I like.
- The man next to me sure has a lot of naval hair.
- Can you keep your Pranayama breathing down please- I am trying to fall asleep.
But seriously, my first experience was a lot of fun even if my favorite pose is one that I already knew - the child's pose. I am hoping this alternative to the gym will provide not only a chance to strengthen my body, but, serve an even better source of stress release. I am just beginning, but, I have already grasped that practicing yoga is as much about breathing as it is about movement. I am enjoying finding more things my body can do. So far, so good.
Incidently, there are a number of good (and some bad) yoga videos on Youtube that will show you some of what I learned. This link will lead you to the best according to Waylon Lewis. I also thought I would share the info about my instructor Lindsay since it also explains some of the other benefits of yoga. Hope you enjoy.